Monday, September 12, 2011

Sparkling sleep.

You know all those weird movies that came out in the early 2000s where there was a magic remote control that could pause time? (Maybe it was just one? Was Adam Sandler in it? Did I actually see it? I am unsure about all of these things.) One of those would really come in handy right about now. I would just like two free days of sleep. No rushing and 25 projects on the go, all overdue, just sleep. Maybe I could make my magic remote unpause my dog and my mister too so we could make a blanket fort in the living room and get snuggly. Just for a couple of days. Please.

Thanks to everyone who came to the CCB AC/DC burlesque show on Saturday. That was SO FUN. It is 100% the reason that I want to pause and hide and sleep for a couple of days, but also 100% worth it. Our leader, Delilah Manhandler, really outdid herself this time. Check out these sexy Oompa Loompas (who danced to Little Lover, obvs):

Totally amazing.

If you missed it and are sad about that, there will be an encore performance of a couple of Saturday's numbers at Vue Magazine's Blue Revue party on Wednesday at Metro Theatre (formerly the Garneau) along with some CCB classics not to mention all the Blue Revue dirty movies! Yow! Hopefully we will see you seeing us there.

In the mean time, here is Kurt Vile, the fragglehot, ruling and heartbreaking, as per usual:


Sigh.

Also - holy crap, this is going to pop your head right off - (via my lovely friends at Bright Young Twins):

This is so beautiful that it basically hurts me to look at it... every piece in the collection is the best thing I have ever seen...

Here's a photo to entice you to actually go to the link, you lazy bums:
Gaaaah! WANT! IT! ALL!

Anyway, it actually felt like autumn today. Everyone has pink cheeks and layers on. Early autumn is the best time of year, I think. Everyone's scampering around trying to make all the fun they can before winter drops and cripples us all for 6 deep freeze months. Everyone is doing EVERYTHING.

Also things are getting different. I can't decide how yet. It just seems like it.

It seems like we should be storing things away in our little dens for winter. Like vodka pickles. Cooking with liquor is the best for reasons that should be obvious for anyone who is enough of a dirtbag to be my friend (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLYxeJjxc8s) so vodka pickles seem like the perfect fall recipe.

Here you go, lushes!

Vodka Pickles
3 medium cucumbers
2 c water
1/4 c salt
1/4 c vodka
1/2 c white vinegar
6 cloves garlic(sliced or crushed)
3 chili peppers(chopped) (you can sub chili flakes)
6 sprigs dill (chopped)

Cut up cucumbers, pack loosley in 1 quart jar
Bring liquids and salt to a boil
Add spices to jar
Cover and store in refridgerator
Put all remaining vodka in your friend Amelia's mouth, possibly with some frozen berries, cran & soda
Pickles are ready in one week.

I have to confess that I have not tried this yet, so no crapping your pants if the recipe sucks, but maybe that will be my goal for later this week.  When I have unpaused.

xo!

2 comments:

  1. i made your poverty salad last week. it ruled. i'm trying those pickles out tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOD Hector is like the cutest thing ever. x

    ReplyDelete