Friday, September 16, 2011

L'amour Gl'amour

Any time a music website declares that they are excited about whatever Feist is up to, they immediately lose all credibility and I am prone to hate every other musician they feature.

I hate female singer-songwriters in general. I think this stems back to watching Alannis try to reinvent herself as a palsied malcontent who tells-it-like-it-is (a term for people who don't actually know what it is, let alone what it is like). Thankfully she namasted back out of the public eye, but god... she sucked for so many years! It seems like there is a resurgence, sort of, and it has made me fill up my iPod with metal, stocking up just in case like everything else about the 90s, the Imbruglia Kreviasuk vomitron wave comes rolling back to drown us in saccarine vagina ballads. I know I am not supposed to think these things, that I am supposed to, as a girl who plays music, raise a fist for other girls who play music, but I can't. I don't want to hear your sticky songs about your boring relationships.

I know there are a whole host of male singer songwriters that bring the heavy schmaltz, who are the new rom-com soundtrack staples, who make my butt clench with embarrassment any time I accidentally catch the lyrics they are singing. I know that. All I am saying is that I see a trend, and that trend is GROSS.

----

Anyway, speaking of music, last night the mister and I dropped in at The Audio Department's grand opening party to check out Nik Kozub and Terry Tran's new space. It RULES SO HARD! It is so gigantic, and really really nice. They have loads of gear and it is really well set up.  They must be so happy. The party was really cute. A little sausage-y, but I think that's how it goes. Many many cute pals. It was nice to be out in public with my man. That barely happens. As a non-drinker, he is rarely interested in doing the same things I am, as what I am often interested in doing is getting slurry and acting like a dick, but it was really cute to go out in public and hold hands. Anyway, The Audio Department site is here: http://theaudiodepartment.ca/site/

----
Short one today! No recipe! I have to go and be the merch muffin at a show at Dinwoodie tonight. Time to transform from office schlub to glamourrrrrrr!!

Oh yeah, speaking of which, I found this super cute faux black leather party dress and I contemplated it for a really long time and ended up leaving it. Please answer me this: Am I too old to wear a faux leather party dress? I honestly can't decide.

----


Ok, that's all. I will leave you with this classic gem:


xo

1 comment:

  1. Too old? Please. I think you need to go purchase that dress immediately!

    x

    ReplyDelete