Thursday, January 26, 2012

Young Hearts


It's officially an epidemic. This week has been all sloshy and sloppy with smashed feelings and broken bloody hearts. Everywhere. All around. All your hearts. What the fuck is happening? I've certainly shed some pounds of water weight out through my eyeballs this week. In retrospect, now that the lump's out of my throat, I am not totally sure what the big deal was. There's a lingering bleakness and I still want to listen to the saddest songs but... I can't focus my eyes on it, it seems like a trick.


The way I know it is a lie is that some of the raddest people that I know - like the people that you shake your head and wonder how they fucking DO IT - are floundering. Well, not really, but they feel like they are. How can it be that even the winners are losing? It can't be. Hey winners, stop laying on the floor and listening to the Smiths. We're all alright. Champion, don't stop!

Here, this should help:



 Ok?

Eat some comfort food:
(Recipe here, via Post Punk Kitchen)
 
Sweat it out (probably with less cocaine than this lady though, please). Endorphin party!



Or fix your life with purchases. So what if it only helps for a little while? What's wrong with being happy for a little while? I tend to view my credit card bill as a record of me turning my frown upside down and I don't think there's a single thing wrong with that.

Or best of all, get out of town. This frozen brown dirtpile sucks at this time of year. Go brown your winter skin on a Cuban beach or go get laid in Vegas or come get wild in the streets in Texas with me at SXSW.

Or whatever. Do what you have to do, but be easy on yourselves, friends. There is no reason that we must always complicate matters with what really matters. Easy times. First round's on me.
xo

1 comment: