Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Enough, now.

Since mother nature is being such a bitch about it, I am now going to use the following songs to call back the sun:






(Sorry, last guy is pretty NSFW. I guess I should have said that earlier.) I think we covered a lot of bases there. Is it back yet? I can't tell because I am sitting in a fucking cubicle.

But not for looooonnnnngggggg.....

Here are two things I get to go to while I am away. First, this amazing looking 1940s dress up party in London with Harriett and Aimee: http://www.theblitzparty.com/ (PS, look at how hot that promo is. We need to sex up our events like that!) (Also, AS IF I OWN A DRESS FOR THAT. I am going to have to shop.)

Then, the next weekend in Berlin I get to go see these maniacs with Beau and Wil:

Needless to say I have packed the weirdest range of outfits for this trip.

I think Dorgz is a little unsure about the metal show. I love this band though, and this show will rule to the max. 

Most of us (I am looking at you, grumps and saddies mentioned in last post) probably need this Moleskine (from Etsy user Julien Denoyer):

Little Book of Satire - Moleskine Cahier

Why try to keep the list straight in your head? And here I thought Moleskines were only for emoting coffeeshop poets...

For this post's recipe I have chosen....

PAPIER MACHE!

That's right. Enough eating, fatty. Make me a motherfucking Pinata. Dink or dragon shaped, preferably, but I encourage creativity.

To make this paper mache paste, mix together 1 part flour to 2 parts water. You will want it to be the consistency of thick glue, but you also want it to be runny and not thick like paste. Add more water or flour as necessary. Mix well to remove any lumps.
A few helpful tips I have read in regards to using this paste are:
  • If you live in an area with high humidity, add a few tablespoons of salt to help prevent mold.
  • If you don't like the smell of the glue mixture you can add a few sprinkles of cinnamon to sweeten it up!
You should be able to store this glue in a covered bowl or jar, in the refrigerator, for a few days

That's all!
xo!


No comments:

Post a Comment