Monday, March 5, 2012

Love the Sinner

I'm back to hanging out in the bathtub again, metaphorically speaking. Unexpectedly. Things were looking so good. There has to be some way to put more distance between these involuntary toe gazing sessions.



This weekend was 100% lovely in every way. One million wine dates with my best favorite human, Anna Coe, who has finally come back to us. We went on fancy lady dates and drank all the wine and funny Prohibition era gin cocktails. We wore furs and gloves and I realized how terrible it was having my best friend on the other side of the world. (I got lipstick on one of my pairs of vintage Dior gloves, which TOTALLY SUCKS. Nice one, drunky). It really was the nicest thing to have her here. I'm going to spend a lot of time on the QE2, I think.

Most beautiful lady in all the land:


We went to Jessica and Sarah's adorable Vintage Pop-up event. It was so great! And so busy. I'm so happy for them. It's nice that we make this city a place we want to be in. More of this, please. I bought a pendant from Jessica's line of accessories and haven't taken it off since. I don't think she has a site, but the line is called Chaos and the Dark and her stuff is great.

I got to spend some time with the Coe siblings, who are also the greatest. I love how they are together, they tumble over each other like puppies. They love and smash and are maniacs. I've been inducted as an honorary Coe, and I'm delighted. They are the best crew. Even Helen, who seems determined to take me for dim sum and make me eat chicken feet. This is the one she sent me in a to-go container. Ack!:



Things went a little sideways, as they do, and I feel like kind of a crappy friend now that the wine glow has gone out of my cheeks. It's no big deal really. Just sighing a lot today. I wish hearts were sturdier. I wish it were less easy for humans to jump to the worst conclusions. I'm a good friend. I really am, I swear. (Sorry guys. Too squishy, I know, but that's where I'm at today. Probably just a symptom of consecutive days of too much wine, mostly. So it goes. It's a lesson I've learned enough times.)

I'm on a sad movie kick lately, which isn't helping. I have decided to never watch anything with Charlotte Gainsbourg in it ever again. She is too good at tragedy and her performances always fuck me up for days. This one did me in a couple of days ago:



Most definitely time to get busy and stay busy. Less feeling, more doing.

SXSW adventure countdown is on. 9 days until I get on a plane, watch my troubles shrink until they are a tiny winter patchwork quilt thousands of feet below. Too tiny to see and too far away to fret over. I get approximately 200% more excited every day. At this rate I am just going to be howling the whole time we are there. Lifesaving, I have no doubt. There will be no time for sitting in the bathtub in Texas.
(This is a Maarten Donders drawing. He is awesome. Look at more of his stuff via Boooooom.com)


Ok, that's all.
xo

2 comments: